Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Finished!

My manuscript for One Glimpse (Indulgence #2) is complete and has been sent off to the editor. Wow. It took me much longer than I thought it would to finish. While I spent roughly four months writing One Indulgence, it has been more than eight with One Glimpse. A lot of personal issues, like moving, interfered, but I finally managed to get through.

She is a long one, though, as just shy of 117K words. Don't let that scare you, though. We sometimes forget that novels today are much shorter in general than in the past. Why, Pride & Prejudice is around 123K words (I did NOT just compare my work to that of Jane Austen. My ego is nowhere near that large!).

Still, I like to believe I have crafted a story with no unnecessary fluff. Every chapter, every scene has a purpose. I can't wait to start the editing process (once the submission has been accepted *fingers crossed*) and get my baby out to be read. Sir Samuel is a very patient person, but I am not. =)

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the first book and I absolutely LOVED it! I came desperately searching to see if you had any more. *excited*

    ReplyDelete